Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“Iron spike” ceremony at Bayshore-Visitacion

Here again: news from the “track gang”…
Bayshore tunnel and Visitacion Ice facility received at the end all his tracks and the “gang” installed also all turnouts, servos and wired a “decent” switch panel.
North end : tunnel exit
South end
At this point the main goal was to have the line working and trains rolling, and I’ve take a “short path” to implement the panel from the planned one:
Panel was made using 5 mm Forex, then I drill all holes for the Tam Valley Fascia controllers, installed all board  and wires and lastly I print the panel on 120 grams paper ( using 3rdPlanit) , drill holes with a paper hollow punch and …. That’s all, folks!
To drive the turnouts servo ( see a previous post on this blog ) I use Tam Valley Octopus card.
The last Duncan’s firmware was very good, and the automatic search of the end-point is working very well, given the Fasttracks turnouts need a hard push to points rails.
My only disappointment was the practical useless of this feature when I’ve try to command two turnouts with the same output ( as in crossovers ).
But I “guess” is my fault given my “imperfect” handmade turnouts have different tolerances.
Well, I use one-to-one commands: this just need some additional attention from the crew, but maybe add some more prototypical fashion to the game: switch each turnout one at time and pay attention to the next in the path.
The gang was send to Burlingame for the next upgrade of the line!
Later.....

No comments:

Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine - Totally electronic, totally interactive, totally free - Premier issue: January 2009